- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
CAA has hired multicultural marketing expert Talitha Watkins to boost its business strategies with respect to diversity, The Hollywood Reporter has learned.
Watkins will be working as an executive in CAA’s lifestyle group, but she will advise the agency’s motion picture, television, music and marketing clients on minority audiences and markets.
Watkins spent the last six years as Universal Pictures’ vp multicultural, where she deployed multiple marketing strategies to help the studio become a winner among black audiences with films including Fast & Furious 6, Furious 7, Straight Outta Compton, The Best Man Holiday and Ride Along.
Before that, Watkins was an assistant general manager at Telepictures Productions, where she oversaw operations, sales and marketing for the websites for The Ellen DeGeneres Show, Extra and The Tyra Banks Show. She also worked in development for Essence‘s website. Watkins also previously spent three years in digital marketing and business development at English-language Latino cable network Si TV.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day