- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
The actor sizzled opposite Gugu Mbatha-Raw in last year’s romantic drama. He first broke out in 2007 in Denzel Washington’s The Great Debaters, and again in 2012’s Red Tails, the real-life story of the Tuskegee Airmen from George Lucas and John Ridley. Parker’s other credits include two dramas that premiered at Tribeca last year, About Alex and Every Secret Thing, as well as Non-Stop (a.k.a. Taken on a plane), Ain’t Them Bodies Saints with Rooney Mara and Casey Affleck, Spike Lee’s Red Hook Summer and Arbitrage with Richard Gere.
Parker also recently has ramped up his own storytelling. He originated and produced the survival thriller Eden, whose North American rights were acquired by Vertical Entertainment in February. And he is in post-production on his feature directorial debut, The Birth of a Nation, in which he stars as Nat Turner, the slave who led the famous rebellion in Virginia in 1831. Parker also wrote and is producing the historical drama, from Bron Studios, Mandalay, Phantom Four and Tiny Giant Entertainment.
Parker continues to be represented by Anonymous Content and attorney David Matlof of Hirsch Wallerstein.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day