- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
CAA has signed Tao Liang, also known as Chinese luxury fashion blogger Mr. Bags, The Hollywood Reporter has exclusively learned. His point agent is based in the agency’s Beijing office, but he will be represented worldwide.
With more than 3 million followers (dubbed “Bagfans”) on China’s Weibo platform, Mr. Bags was ranked the country’s third-most-influential fashion blog, according to a January report by Exane BNP Paribas. On Valentine’s Day, Tao collaborated with Givenchy on a limited-edition pink version of its Horizon mini-bag, exclusive to his followers on WeChat (China’s preferred messaging app), and all 80 pieces (priced at around $2,170 each) sold within 12 minutes.
Tod’s released a capsule collection designed by Tao on his 25th birthday in June, the first time that the Italian brand has done a collaboration in China.
Tao’s influence also has led to partnerships with Burberry, Fendi and Louis Vuitton as well as front-row seatings at Paris, Milan, London and New York Fashion Weeks.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
The Hollywood Reporter
saturday night live