- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
A version of this story first appeared in the Dec. 25 issue of The Hollywood Reporter magazine. To receive the magazine, click here to subscribe.
The year’s most masterful rollout — of Olympic champion Bruce Jenner coming out as Caitlyn (spearheaded by Rogers & Cowan’s Alan Nierob) — hit its apex with Diane Sawyer’s April 20/20 interview, which drew more than 20 million viewers.
THR has learned that Caitlyn and Sawyer will re-team in 2016 for a one-year follow-up. Sources say it most likely won’t be at the exact same time of year.
But it will be just one more of only a handful of interviews that Caitlyn has done since sitting down with Sawyer. In addition to 20/20, Caitlyn posed for an Annie Liebovitz-photographed cover of Vanity Fair, published in June and emblazoned with the title “Call Me Caitlyn,” marking the first revelation of her new name.
She followed it up with the E! docuseries I Am Cait, which was recently renewed for a second season.
there’s no secrets.””]
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day