- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Flipboard
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Tumblr
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
History has just been made, people.
Caitlyn Jenner posted her first-ever selfie today, Aug. 6, at approximately 11:12 a.m. PT. The fashionista, who is up against the likes of Katy Perry, Miley Cyrus and Nicki Minaj for the title of “Social Media Queen” at this year’s Teen Choice Awards, captioned the monumental occasion: “No #SocialMediaQueen can be crowned without posting a selfie, so here’s my first! #TeenChoice.” She made sure to add a link to the voting website, for good measure.
See more The Most Stylish Stars at TCA
Though it’s her first, Jenner certainly looks like a selfie queen in what we hope is the beginning of many photos. Let’s break it down.
1. The angle:
Taking a cue from the Kim Kardashian playbook, Jenner has perfected the slightly off-center, chin-down pose. A universally flattering approach to the art of the selfie.
2. The location:
Car selfies seem to be all the rage right now, and we have to say, a sports car is never a bad backdrop.
Read more Pun Loving Beyonce Designs “BB Gun” Flash Tattoos
3. The accessories:
Jenner busted out her best diva-esque sunglasses (which reflect Jenner’s iPhone — so you know it’s authentic!), which are definitely worthy of the title of queen all by themselves.
4. The glam:
No duck lips here. Jenner embraced a glossy pink pout, thick brows and a flawless complexion for the pic.
All in all, we have to say: Well done, Jenner. Well done.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day