- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Forget knowing what evil lurks in the hearts of men. Knowing how to get out of a straitjacket and chains while submerged in a tank of water is, when pressed, a far more useful thing to have in your mental arsenal. With that in mind, the prospect of pulp hero the Shadow facing off against none other than Harry Houdini suddenly becomes a lot more interesting.
The two will meet in The Shadow #0, written by Cullen Bunn, a Marvel and DC veteran who may be best known for his The Sixth Gun series with Brian Hurtt from Oni Press.
“I’ve long been a fan of pulp heroes, and the Shadow was my introduction into that world,” Bunn explained. “I remember my dad recounting adventures of the Shadow he had heard on the radio as a boy. And my dad could do the best imitation of the Shadow’s laugh! I like to think that he’d get a real kick out of me contributing to the legacy of the character. I know I couldn’t be more thrilled.”
The one-off issue is being touted by Dynamite Entertainment as the start of an ongoing relationship with the writer, with publisher and CEO Nick Barrucci saying that he has “wanted to work with Cullen for years,” and adding, “while this is our first project with Cullen, there are more to come.”
The Shadow #0 will be released later this year.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day