- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
TORONTO – Entertainment One has gone some way to replacing Noreen Halpern.
Michael Rosenberg has been promoted to executive vp of U.S. scripted TV, after serving as senior vp of original scripted series programming since 2009.
His new role includes overseeing development and current programming slates, along with TV production for the Canadian producer of Hell on Wheels and Haven.
The promotion follows Halpern exiting Entertainment One in February as the Los Angeles-based president of dramatic programming.
Halpern parted ways with John Morayniss, with whom she co-founded Blueprint Entertainment in 2002.
They sold the company and joined Entertainment One in 2008.
“Michael is an extremely talented creative executive with a great eye for material,” Morayniss said Tuesday in a statement about Rosenberg’s promotion.
Entertainment One’s development team includes Jen Chambers and Adam Blumberg, and Rosenberg will also work with Benedict Carver, senior vp of filmed entertainment.
Entertainment One’s development slate includes the Steven Bochco project Evolution, Upstate, a drama series with Philip Seymour Hoffman and writers Brett C. Leonard and Bob Glaudini for HBO, and the psychological thriller series The Reel, with Paul WS Anderson, Jeremy Bolt and Adam D’Alba.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day