- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
TORONTO – Canadian cartoon factory Cookie Jar Entertainment has inked a supply deal with Sorpresa!, the U.S. Spanish-language kids network.
The Hispanic network, run by Florida-based Olympusat, will also work with Toronto-based Cookie Jar to jointly develop new projects.
Cookie Jar will also make available to Sorpresa! classic cartoon titles from its vault, which include The Busy World of Richard Scarry, Arthur and Strawberry Shortcake.
The output deal with Cookie Jar will help the Spanish-language channel continue reaching out to U.S. Hispanic children by offering bilingual programs and new content.
Sorpresa! currently reaches 1.5 million subscribers, via cable providers in the U.S. and Puerto Rico, including Comcast, Time Warner Cable, Charter and Cox.
The Canadian animation producer earlier started targeting the U.S. Hispanic TV market as the exclusive North American licensing agent for the Mexican Lucha Libre AAA wrestling promotion.
And Cookie Jar also distributed the first English-language Lucha Libre AAA TV series in the U.S. market.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day