- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
TORONTO – Canadian kids TV producer DHX Media has inked a distribution deal with the LoveFilm streaming service in the UK for nearly 1000 half-hours of library content.
Halifax-based DHX Media, which recently acquired Care Bears owner Cookie Jar Entertainment, will supply classic TV shows like Inspector Gadget and Dennis the Menace to the SVOD service of Amazon’s European digital media subsidiary on a non-exclusive basis.
LoveFilm will also offer its members DHX library series like Mona the Vampire, Paddington Bear and Sonic the Hedgehog.
“We are noticing that more of our customers than ever before are using our streaming service as a quick and easy way to entertain their families, so naturally the addition of shows such as Mona the Vampire and Paddington Bear is an exciting prospect for us,” Jim Buckle, managing director at LoveFilm, said in a statement Wednesday.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day