- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
TORONTO — Canada’s W Network is inviting bridal bedlam after it inked a deal with Half Yard Productions to bring the Say Yes to the Dress format to Canada.
Indie producer Temple Street Productions will adapt the TLC series by shooting in Toronto’s Kleinfeld stand-in, Amanda-Lina’s Sposa Boutique, ahead of a winter 2015 launch date.
Say Yes to the Dress Canada is the latest format adaptation by risk-averse Canadian broadcasters increasingly shunning original factual series for local versions of foreign shows, like Big Brother Canada, The Amazing Race Canada and The Bachelor Canada, whose original series already perform on their schedules or in other markets.
“We’re excited to strengthen and expand our factual slate with a hugely successful, proven format series that audiences across the border have been saying ‘yes’ to for over six years,” David Fortier and Ivan Schneeberg, executive producers at Temple Street Productions, said Wednesday in a statement.
W Network has commissioned its own format adaptations, like Undercover Boss Canada, The Audience Canada and Deal With It, based on the Israeli hidden camera series from Keshet Broadcasting.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day