- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Flipboard
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Tumblr
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
In a new book proposal, Candy Spelling alleges her daughter, Tori, refused to come home from a Canada movie set as her dad, super producer Aaron, lay dying.
In a synopsis of Candy Spelling: Golden Girl, Silver Lining, as obtained by the New York Post, Candy writes that Tori ignored her requests to return to L.A. so she could continue taping a film with now-husband Dean McDermott in Toronto.
So that’s when Candy decided to make their feud public.
“This public fight with my daughter came at a time when I needed her the most. So, yeah, I was mad,” Candy writes.
Said her agents Steve Troha and Celeste Fine of Folio Literary Management: “Of course she’s candid about Tori and Hollywood gossip over the last five years, but this next book is really about coming into her own.”
Tori has said her mother never notified her that Aaron had died. She reportedly received just $800,000 of his $500 million estate.
Tori and Candy patched up their relationship in 2007 after she welcomed her first son, Liam.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day