- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
PHOTOS: Summer Movie Guide
Joining the ranks of his Avengers co-stars Chris Hemsworth and Robert Downey Jr., Evans told Us Weekly that his new act will take some getting used to.
“It’s tough to feel [like a sex symbol] standing next to Robert Downey Jr. and Chris Hemsworth,” he said. “But I’m fine with it.”
STORY: Captain America Vs. The Superheroes of 2011
“I don’t consider myself that way,” he added. “Many actors are saddled with raging insecurity and I am no exception. I am drowning in it.”
Still, the 30-year old actor is happy to have found guidance in Downey Jr. and a friend in 27-year old Hemsworth.
REVIEW: ‘Captain America: The First Avenger’
“Hemsworth and I are definitely in unchartered waters, but it’s great that we have one another,” he explained. “I can’t say enough about Downey. He’s been so great. He’s so positive and so available, and I didn’t know what to expect. He’s so experienced.”
The trio is currently filming The Avengers with Scarlett Johansson, Jeremy Renner, Samuel L. Jackson and more. The Joss Whedon helmed superhero flick is set to hit theaters May 4, 2012.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day