- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Sebastian Stan, best known for playing the Winter Soldier in Marvel’s Captain America movies, has joined the all-star cast of Steven Soderbergh’s Logan Lucky.
Daniel Craig, Channing Tatum, Hilary Swank, Katherine Heigl, Adam Driver and Seth MacFarlane are among those on the call sheet of the NASCAR-set heist movie centered on two brothers.
The movie is currently shooting in Atlanta. Mark Johnson, Gregory Jacobs and Reid Carolin are producing.
Stan will play a three-time Sprint Cup Champion NASCAR driver who is coming back into the sport after time away.
With the new casting, the actor continues to ride a wave of success generated by Captain America: Civil War, one of the year’s more acclaimed movies, which has grossed more than $1.1 billion worldwide. Since that movie’s opening, Stan nabbed and wrapped a starring part in We Have Always Lived in the Castle, a thriller that also stars Taissa Farmiga and Alexandra Daddario.
The actor, who will appear in the indie I’m Not Here with Maika Monroe and J.K. Simmons, will shoot the next Avengers installment early next year.
Stan is repped by ICM Partners, Emily Gerson Saines of Brookside Artists Management and Lon Sorensen at Sloane Offer.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day