- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
There was no shortage of unconventional looks on the Met Gala stairs in New York on Monday night, but perhaps none more painstakingly achieved than Brit beauty Cara Delevingne’s gorgeous hand-painted body art.
Celebrity tattoo artist Keith “Bang Bang” McCurdy (who counts the likes of Rihanna, Katy Perry, Selena Gomez and Justin Bieber among his regulars) created the extraordinary (and temporary) custom look for Delevingne, painting Asian blossoms and birds across her arms and chest in homage to the evening’s theme of “China: Through the Looking Glass.” After applying a stencil to the model’s body, Bang Bang waited until it was 95 percent dry and then freehanded the details. The artist began his masterpiece at 8 a.m. and didn’t finish until 7 p.m. that night, just before Delevingne stepped out onto the red carpet.
Read more Met Gala Beauty: Buns Everywhere
This is not the first time Bang Bang’s work has adorned Delevingne’s body: He has inked the model on many occasions, and is the hand behind her signature tattoos, including her index finger lion head, and the word “Bacon” scrawled across the bottom of her foot.
Color us impressed, Cara!
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
The Hollywood Reporter
saturday night live