- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
LONDON — Carey Mulligan and James Badge Dale have joined Michael Fassbender in the cast of Steve McQueen‘s sophomore feature Shame.
Mulligan plays Fassbender’s sister, Sissy, whilst Badge Dale takes the role of his boss in the New York-set drama about a 30-something man living in the city who is unable to manage his sex life.
Producers Iain Canning and Emile Sherman are producing the picture, written by McQueen and Brick Lane scribe Abi Morgan.
The picture will be produced through Canning’s banner See-Saw Films, with Film4, who also developed it and will co-finance.
Shooting is scheduled to begin in January on location in New York.
U.K.-based sales and finance banner HanWay has struck a slew of key territory deals including France (MK2), Germany (Prokino) and Benelux (Cineart).
Mulligan is repped by Tor Belfrage at Julian Belfrage Associates and Chris Andrew at CAA. Joel Lubin at CAA reps Badge Dale.
See-Saw is currently riding high on the chatter surrounding The King’s Speech, which opened in the U.S. over Thanksgiving.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
Representation in Hollywood