- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Based on a true story and set at the turn of World War II, Dig focuses on a widow (Mulligan) with a hunch that her land contains buried riches. The hunch ultimately pays off.
Mulligan will be playing the widow, Edith Pretty, while Fiennes will play Basil Brown, a local archeologist that works with the widow only to see himself pushed aside by museum curators.
Simon Stone (The Daughter) is directing the pic, with Gabrielle Tana (Philomena, The Invisible Woman) producing.
The project was previously set up with BBC Films, with Nicole Kidman attached to star opposite Fiennes, before moving to the streamer. Mulligan previously worked with Netflix on the Dee Rees drama Mudbound.
Nominated for an Oscar for her role in An Education, Mulligan was most recently in theaters with Paul Dano’s critically acclaimed drama Wildlife and on the stage in Girls and Boys on the West End and on Broadway.
Mulligan is repped by WME and the U.K.’s Julian Belfrage.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day