- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
LONDON — French-owned Pathe is partnering with Film4, the standalone movie-making arm of U.K. broadcaster Channel 4 and the British Film Institute’s movie fund to back Sarah Gavron‘s Suffragette, starring Carey Mulligan.
Mulligan stars as a young foot soldier of the early feminist movement who is radicalized and turns to violence after seeing peaceful protests achieve nothing.
Pathe replaces Focus Features International as the sales and financier on the long-gestating project penned by Abi Morgan.
Focus Features International, currently at the heart of industry chatter over its future in the wake of NBCUniversal’s movie operations shake-up, was repping the project when it was called The Fury.
Pathe will distribute the project in the U.K. and France and rep international sales on the project with it set to shoot February 2014.
The film will be produced by Faye Ward and Alison Owen (Saving Mr. Banks) and executive produced by Film4’s Katherine Butler and Pathe’s Cameron McCracken.
Chris Collins is lead executive for the BFI Film Fund.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day