- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
When Carine Roitfeld first announced her new collaboration with Japanese retailer Uniqlo, the CR Fashion Book founder told WWD that the 40-piece collection “started from the idea of clothes that I would want to wear myself.”
See more New York Fashion Week’s Front Row
But what we didn’t expect was for Roitfeld to take the statement quite so literally. In a tease for the collection’s new ads, lensed by Steven Meisel, campaign star Lexi Boling is made-up to look just like the editor’s doppelganger — from the shoulder-length, piecey hair to the heavily lined eyes and even the thick, flat brows.
The Fashion Spot got a sneak at some of the full-page ads, which show the model decked out in Roitfeld signatures, including a dark trench, knee-length dress and oversize belt. According to the fine print on the images, the collection will be available in select stores as well as on the brand’s website Oct. 29, with prices ranging from about $9 for tights to $170 for a coat.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day