- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Directed by Evan Cabnet, the Off Broadway production will be staged at the Claire Tow Theater as part of Lincoln Center Theater’s LCT3 initiative devoted to emerging artists. It begins performances June 2, with official opening set for June 17.
Caroline Aaron and Michelle Beck complete the cast. The play centers on a husband and wife (Gugino and Grosz) whose nurturing approach to their precocious four-year-old son runs into obstacles when his passion for Cinderella and playing dress-up causes concern at the Manhattan private schools to which they apply.
Gugino’s recent stage work includes the 2012 Broadway revival of Athol Fugard‘s The Road to Mecca, in which she starred opposite Rosemary Harris; and a 2006 Off Broadway production of Tennessee Williams‘ Suddenly Last Summer, with Blythe Danner.
Grosz was a member until 2010 of the Emmy-winning writing team on The Colbert Report, also making occasional on-air appearances on the show. As an actor, he was seen last year on HBO’s Veep.
LCT3 last season proved a strong platform for another Comedy Central alumnus, Aasif Mandvi (The Daily Show With Jon Stewart). He scored rave reviews starring at the same venue in Ayad Akhtar‘s Disgraced, which went on to win the Pulitzer Prize for Drama.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day