- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Carole King will be honored as the MusiCares person of the year during the 2014 Grammy Awards week.
The Recording Academy announced Thursday that King will be saluted by performers Lady Gaga, the Dixie Chicks, Bette Midler, Steven Tyler, James Taylor and Jason Mraz, with more to be announced later.
PHOTOS: Grammys 2013: The Winners
The fundraiser for the academy’s charitable foundation will be held Jan. 24 in Los Angeles, two nights before the Grammy Awards. Previous honorees include Bruce Springsteen, Paul McCartney and Neil Young.
A songwriter and performer with scores of hits from “Will You Love Me Tomorrow” to “You’ve Got a Friend,” King has won four Grammy Awards and was honored with a lifetime achievement award at this year’s ceremony.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
More from The Hollywood Reporter
iHeartRadio Music Awards: Taylor Swift Honored With Innovator Award, Harry Styles Among Top Winners
Jonathan Majors Arrested and Charged With Assault, Lawyer Says Actor Is “Completely Innocent”
Jeremy Renner Shares Video Walking on Anti-Gravity Treadmill After Snowplow Accident: “Time for My Body to Rest and Recover”