- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Many of us probably wish we could wear pajamas to work. Well, lucky guy Lee Daniels does. As Vanity Fair reported in 2013, the director is very fond of PJs, and wore them every day on set while directing Oprah Winfrey in The Butler. He’s also known to turn up to red carpets in them.
He is apparently such a pajama enthusiast that he says he “snatched” a pair of Carolina Herrera men’s sleepwear — his favorites — that she designed for just one season, eight years ago. And now he’s enlisted the legendary designer to create a line of PJs for Terrence Howard’s character Lucious to wear on season two of his FOX hit Empire.
At the time of The Butler, Jane Fonda even wrote on her blog, “Lee Daniels is more unique than most! Never wore anything but pajamas — nice ones, pressed, tasteful, but still. He said they’re comfortable and appropriate as he’s in the process of giving birth [to the film].”
Butler shared the Herrera news on his Instagram, posting a photo of himself with the blonde at lunch, along with an explanation and the hashtag #grateful. Let’s hope the jammies are available at retail, too!