- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Forget the front row. This season country singer Carrie Underwood and her gorgeous gams will be behind the scenes at New York Fashion Week, as she hosts a pop-up-style activation for her line with Dick’s Sporting Goods called Calia by Carrie Underwood.
The event will take place at The HQ, a new Fashion Week venue, and also will feature instant shopping for guests immediately after her line is presented on Sept. 10. She told WWD, “I’ve been a spectator at Fashion Week a few times, but this is the first time I’ll be involved.”
Read more Celine Is Now Open at South Coast Plaza
Being able to purchase the pieces from her fitness and lifestyle apparel brand — which include capris, sweaters and tops for layering — was important to her, since she said one of her frustrations is waiting six months from seeing something on the runway to actually being able to buy it. Naturally Underwood, whose new album Storyteller drops Oct. 23, also will curate the presentation’s soundtrack — talk about a no-brainer.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day