- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
After seven long years, Carson Daly has decided to step down as host of 97.1 AMP Radio’s Los Angeles morning show.
In his farewell announcement Thursday on the radio, he explained, “And this is the honest-to-god truth, is that I just want to have breakfast with my kids.”
Daly has been busy with other obligations, including hosting NBC’s The Voice (since 2011) and the Today show (since 2013). He said he feels confident that he will return to radio at some later point in his life, but it’s simply not feasible for him now. “All this other stuff comes and goes, but [radio] is it for me,” Daly admitted. “This is the only thing I know how to do. It’s the only thing I’m semi-good at!”
Listen to his farewell announcement below.
Daly also posted a statement on his Instagram account to a mostly positive response from the fans.
This story first appeared on Billboard.com.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day