- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Casey Kasem‘s daughter Kerri Kasem has filed a missing persons report for the legendary DJ.
“Kerri Kasem and family have officially filed a missing persons report with the Santa Monica Police Department,” Kasem’s rep said in a statement to The Hollywood Reporter.
Kasem, 82, has been missing since around May 6 and suffers from Lewy body disease.
On Tuesday, the DJ’s rep said Kerri Kasem would file a missing persons report as soon paperwork for a conservatorship for her father was completed. The missing persons report means that the FBI and local law enforcement will be allowed to get involved in the case.
Earlier this week, Kerri Kasem’s attorney Troy Martin said the family believes the DJ had been taking to an Indian reservation in Washington state. Kasem’s children say his wife, Jean Kasem, has prevented them from seeing their father, who has been living in medical facilities in Santa Monica.
“We had a wonderful visit with him Tuesday at Berkley East Convalescent Hospital — he was thriving there — and she yanked him out of there after hours,” Kasem’s daughter Julie Kasem alleged to THR earlier this week. Kasem’s brother Mouner Kasem added: “We’re scared. … Is he getting the care he needs?”
The American Top 40 radio DJ is worth a reported $80 million.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day