- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Cash Money co-CEOs Bryan “Birdman” Williams and Ronald “Slim” Williams will be the 2013 recipients of the BMI Icon Award. The presentation will take place during BMI’s annual R&B/Hip-Hop Awards (formerly known as the BMI Urban Awards) on Aug. 22 at the Manhattan Center in New York City.
“Bryan and Ronald Williams’ creative and entrepreneurial acumen has resulted in over 20 years of global success,” stated Catherine Brewton, BMI vp, writer/publisher relations in Atlanta in a release announcing the award.
Added Ronald Williams in the same release, “This recognition is one of the greatest honors we’ve ever received. It’s something that my brother and I would’ve never been able to imagine at the genesis of our label.”
In addition to a musical tribute to the Cash Money founders, the ceremony will include the presentation of the Social Star Award, as well as awards for the R&B/hip-hop songwriter, producer and publisher of the year. Hosts for the event: BMI president/CEO Del Bryant, Brewton and singer Ray J.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day