- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
The Dress: A sequined navy stunner by Esteban Cortazar that featured long, billowing sleeves that were trimmed in a ruffled white fabric.
The Wearer: Cate Blanchett, who has been busy making the red-carpet rounds while promoting her upcoming films Truth and Carol.
The Event: The London Film Festival premiere of Carol, where the actress was joined by co-star and hairstyle daredevil Rooney Mara.
Why We Dig: As she’s made the press-tour rounds, Blanchett hasn’t shied away from anything bold, bright or dramatic — and this Esteban Cortazar dress certainly fits with the theatrical style she and stylist Elizabeth Stewart have been cooking up. The unconventional shape, with its flowy, capelike sleeves and long train, was kept from swallowing up her fit figure with curve-accentuating ruffles on her hips. The stark contrast of the navy and white colors, not to mention the heavily sequined material, make for a showstopping, glamorous look.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day