- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Cate Blanchett is attached to star as Lucille Ball in an authorized biopic that Aaron Sorkin will write.
Sorkin has not started working on the script yet, but, according to sources, he’s the top choice to pen the project for Escape Artists.
The film will center on the life of the iconic actress, who starred on TV sitcoms I Love Lucy, The Lucy–Desi Comedy Hour, The Lucy Show, Here’s Lucy and Life with Lucy. She was nominated for 13 Emmys and won four times, and she also won the Golden Globe Cecil B. DeMille Award in 1979. She was married to actor Desi Arnaz from 1940 to 1960.
The couple’s children, Lucie Arnaz and Desi Arnaz Jr., will produce the film along with Escape Artists. Jenna Block will oversee the project for Escape Artists.
Blanchett was most recently seen in Cinderella, and Carol, which premiered at the Cannes Film Festival. Her upcoming films include the Dan Rather biopic Truth, which will screen at TIFF, and Terrence Malick’s Knight of Cups. She’s repped by CAA and RGM Artists.
Sorkin wrote the scripts for The Social Network, Moneyball and the upcoming Steve Jobs, starring Michael Fassbender. He also just wrote the script for Molly’s Game for Sony. He’s repped by WME.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day