- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Cate Blanchett always shuts it down wherever she is with a fearless style that perfectly embodies her classy yet adventurous spirit. And the actress completely exceeded all sartorial expectations while walking the magenta carpet at the Indie Spirit Awards on Saturday, choosing to wear spring 2015 couture — yes, couture! — to the beachy Santa Monica ceremony.
While thoughts of couture usually conjure extravagant formality, the movie star’s dusty blue, floral-adorned dress somehow managed to look casual enough to present an award at a Saturday morning event.
Elsa Schiaparelli is best known as Coco Chanel‘s rival, and was also a fame film costume designer, dressing the likes of Mae West and Zsa Zsa Gabor in their heyday. The brand, which originally launched in Paris in 1930, was revived by Tod’s chairman Diego Della Valle in 2013.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day