- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Among the many memorable Oscar outfits to grace the red carpet on March 2, Cate Blanchett‘s ensemble reportedly cost the most, at an estimated $18.1 million.
According to Vogue UK, her Armani Prive gown was worth $100,000 and her Chopard jewelry — including earrings with 62 opals, plus a diamond bracelet and ring — cost approximately $18 million. Blanchett was styled by Elizabeth Stewart, who appeared at No. 1 on The Hollywood Reporter‘s 25 Most Powerful Stylists of 2014.
Charlize Theron, who was dressed by Leslie Fremar, wore the second most expensive outfit (approximately $15.89 million) of the night with a Dior dress and Harry Winston jewelry, Australian Vogue reports. Sandra Bullock (styled by Stewart) came in third, with her Alexander McQueen dress and Lorraine Schwartz baubles costing $8.24 million.
Margot Robbie, dressed in a Saint Laurent gown and Forevermark jewels, followed, with $8.012 million; and Jennifer Garner, in an Oscar de la Renta dress and Forevermark jewelry, with $5.025 million. Robbie was styled by Cristina Ehrlich, while Garner was dressed by Rachel Zoe.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day