- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
PARIS — The Dinard British Film Festival in France will celebrate its 25th anniversary with Catherine Deneuve.
The film legend will head up this year’s jury for the festival that takes place in the resort in northern France and showcases films from the country’s neighbor just across the channel.
PHOTOS THR’s Cannes 2014 Portfolio
Deneuve follows last year’s president, French soccer-player-turned-actor Eric Cantona (The Salvation) who headed up a jury including Oscar-winning Shakespeare in Love producer David Parfitt, Alice Eve, Michael Smiley, Hippolyte Girardot and SAG and Golden Globe nominated actor Toby Jones.
Roger Moore, Hugh Grant and Kristin Scott Thomas are among the famous Brits that have feted their films at the small festival in France’s Brittany region.
Aside from her last film She Goes being partially shot in the region, the Oscar-nominated Deneuve often spends time on the so-called “Emerald Coast” and celebrated her 70th birthday in Dinard last year.
The festival runs Oct. 8-12. The rest of Deneuve’s jury will be announced later this summer.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
Portia de Rossi
James Gordon Meek