- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Hardwicke wrote the script with Artie Nelson, and is attached to direct. Wood is attached to star.
IM Global will introduce the project to foreign buyers at the European Film Market, which gets underway Feb. 9 in Berlin. CAA is handling domestic rights to the movie.
The critically acclaimed 2003 Thirteen, Hardwicke’s feature directorial debut, was controversial for its portrayal of teenage drug use and sex.
The film earned Wood a Golden Globe nomination for best actress, while her co-star Holly Hunter was nominated for both a Golden Globe for best supporting actress and an Oscar for best supporting actress. Hardwicke also garnered widespread attention, including an Independent Spirit Award nomination for best first feature.
When Hardwicke shot the film, Wood was actually 13, the same age as her character. Hardwicke went on to direct the first Twilight and Red Riding Hood.
Wood’s recent credits include The Ides of March, in which she starred opposite George Clooney and Ryan Gosling.
Both Hardwicke and Wood are repped by CAA.
In Berlin, Stuart Ford’s IM Global will offer Plush via its Octane label. Among its other offering, IM Global wlll shop the Henson Co.’s film noir puppet pic Happytime Murders. Katherine Heigl is in final talks to star in the film.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day