- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Catherine Keener has joined the cast of Can a Song Save Your Life?, the music-themed drama from Once film writer-director John Carney.
Keener joines Keira Knightley, Mark Ruffalo, Hailee Steinfeld and Adam Levine in the production, which hails from Exclusive Media and Likely Story.
The movie sees Knightley’s character move to New York to pursue her dreams of a singing career but finds herself all alone when she’s dumped by her boyfriend (Levine). A down-on-his-luck record producer (Ruffalo) finds her singing in a local bar, and the two realize they may be each other’s last chance to turn their lives around.
Keener will portray a successful music writer and Ruffalo’s estranged wife.
The movie shoots in July in New York.
Likely Story’s Anthony Bregman will produce the film along with Exclusive’s Tobin Armbrust. Judd Apatow is exec producing.
Keener, repped by Gersh, recently wrapped Captain Phillips, the Paul Greengrass movie about an American boat captain and his kidnapping by Somali pirates.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day