- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
TORONTO – Tom Hastings, who left the CBC earlier this year as creative head of drama due to drama budget chop, has landed at rival Canadian broadcaster Bell Media.
Hastings becomes a production executive in independent drama production, helping produce new dramas and movies for Bell Media’s stable of conventional and cable channels, including the top-rated CTV network.
He left the CBC when the pubcaster merged its drama and comedy divisions and unveiled a slimmed-down primetime schedule to deal with a deep chop to its annual subsidy from the federal government.
Hastings also departed after Sally Catto returned to the CBC after a stint developing Canadian scripted comedy and drama production at indie producer Cineflex Media.
At Bell Media, Hastings will report to Trish Williams, director of independent drama production.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day