- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
A Halloween costume company is selling a Lion Killer Dentist Halloween Costume, referencing Minnesota dentist Walter Palmer, who infamously killed beloved Zimbabwe lion Cecil.
The costume, sold on Costumeish, comes with a severed lion’s head mask, bloody gloves and a bloody smock “for a gruesome, complete look,” according to the website.
“All Doctor Palmer wanted was to hang dead animals in his house, but what started as an obscure (if legally-dubious) hunting trip has since erupted into a brouhaha of trans-Atlantic proportions,” reads a description of the costume on the website. “2015’s most controversial killing has laid bare the rift in American and Zimbabwean attitudes toward exotic game hunting and animal conservation, pitting an outraged mob against a Minnesotan dentist in a scandal sure to be remembered for a generation.”
Costumeish claims 15% of all proceeds will “go to a Wlldlife Foundation,” although it does not specific which one. The costume is being sold for $59.99.
Yandy is selling a sexy Cecil the Lion Halloween costume, for $118.95. “Show your support for all wildlife in this limited edition,” says the description next to the costume. Twenty percent of the proceeds will be donated to the World Wildlife Fund, according to Yandy.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day