- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
TV Land is developing a sitcom spin-off of the cable net’s hit Hot In Cleveland with Cedric the Entertainer.
The series will center on Cedric’s character, a minister who finds himself involved in the Cleveland cast’s adventures. The concept will originate in Cleveland episodes, which will return this summer.
“Cedric is hilarious and I’m so happy to do this show with him,” said Suzanne Martin, the creator, writer, showrunner and executive producer of Hot in Cleveland. “We are going to have a lot of fun developing and exploring his role as a minister.”
The still-untitled series is contingent upon the pilot script, which will be co-written by Cedric and Martin. Martin will also serve as an executive producer of the series along with Sean Hayes and Todd Milliner of Hazy Mills Productions.
The development news comes as TV Land continues its push into original sitcoms. On the heels of Cleveland’s success, the older-skewing recently announced two more series pick ups with Fran Drescher’s Happily Divorced and The Exes, starring Donald Faison, Wayne Knight, David Alan Basche and Kristen Johnston.
Cedric, who will host NBC’s upcoming summer reality show It’s Worth What?, is repped by CAA.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day