- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Though there was no explicit dress code at last night’s CFDA Fashion Awards (unlike the China-themed Met Gala), there seemed to be an unofficial red, white and gold memo, as stars hit the red carpet dressed in the three bright shades.
One gold look that caught our eye in particular was Anna Ewers‘ bright ensemble. The model, who attended the show as Alexander Wang‘s date, stood tall in sky-high black flatform boots and wore a shimmering gold long-sleeve minidress made of a rather unlikely material: over 500 American Express Gold Cards.
Wang — who has won his fair share of CFDA awards in the past — used laser-cut paillettes made out of the gold charge cards to create a chain-maillike material similar to what he created for his fall 2015 collection. The resulting look, which showed off Ewers’ fit physique, is a DIY dream.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day