- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Flats were out in full force at Monday’s CFDA Awards red carpet. Notable red-carpet vets like Karlie Kloss and Mary Kate and Ashley Olsen ditched their requisite stilettos for pointed-toe silver flats and neutral-tone loafers.
Anna Ewers, who arrived on the arm of Alexander Wang, rocked sky-high flatforms, while style icon award winner Pharrell Williams‘ wife Helen Lasichanh and Tinashe both opted for more casual combat boots.
After last week’s #Flatgate debacle at Cannes, where attendees were turned away for walking the red carpet sans heels, one wonders if the decision to forgo a stiletto was a political statement. Especially after stars such as Emily Blunt and Rashida Jones vocalized their disgust at the heels requirement, perhaps the prevalence of flat shoes at this evening’s awards was the beginning of a movement. Or, maybe their feet were just tired.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day