- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Flipboard
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Tumblr
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
For a while the 2015 CFDA Fashion Awards red carpet was looking like a sea of white and black. But all of a sudden there was a crimson tide: Jemima Kirke showed up looking absolutely stunning in a sculptural two-piece Rosie Assoulin ensemble — not to mention an oversize flower earring.
Models Natasha Poly (in Michael Kors), Petra Nemcova and Karlie Kloss all wore some iteration of red, whether it was Poly’s slit and slightly caped number, Nemcova’s stunning metallic-rimmed scarlet gown or Kloss’ deep metallic polka dots. January Jones donned a tied crimson crop top with her black pants.
Also wearing a darker shade: Taraji P. Henson, who donned custom high-necked Vera Wang. Costume designer June Ambrose had to be wrestled into her dramatic Zac Posen, but the results were well worth it.
But when Diane Kruger arrived with Jhene Aiko and Prabal Gurung, they undoubtedly stole the whole show. The designer was responsible for both the German actress’ incredible sequined strapless red-and-black gown and the singer’s bustier-style gown with cutouts.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day