- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Flipboard
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Tumblr
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
Monday night’s CFDA Awards saw the creme de la creme of America’s designers, including Alexander Wang, Joseph Altuzarra and Zac Posen, stepping out to celebrate the achievements of the nation’s fashion industry. Joining the evening’s stylish guests were none other than the muses who know how to flaunt the designers’ pieces. Among those who arrived for the award ceremony were singer Jennifer Hudson and models Joan Smalls and Chanel Iman, who all wore sculptural black gowns showing off their curves.
PHOTOS: Rihanna’s 15 Best Red-Carpet Moments
Jennifer Hudson‘s satin KaufmanFranco gown was one-half strapless, with the other half covering her shoulder with a high slit. The singer’s pixie cut and dynamic neckline added even more of a coolness factor to her otherwise plain outfit.
Channeling the thigh-high style favored by models at Cannes, Smalls wore a deep night-sky gown similar to the number Angelina’s leg made famous. The Prabal Gurung-designed dress with its bodice cutouts showed off Smalls’ washboard abs, while the gown’s slit emphasized her long stems. Another model who made an entrance was Iman, who donned a fitted long-sleeve, sequined Monique Lhuillier gown. To add more shine to her sparkly outfit, Iman wore Effy diamond flower earrings and a double ring designed by Graziela Gems.
FROM LEFT: Joan Smalls and Chanel Iman
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day