- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
At Tuesday’s CFDA/Vogue Fashion Fund show, it was an occasion for the competition’s top finalists to present their work at the Chateau Marmont — as well as a time to reflect on the passing of Oscar de la Renta.
“We had something very sad happen,” said designer Diane von Furstenberg, starting off her speech while holding back tears. “He was an incredible friend, incredible designer. He was a great American designer with Latin roots and European training. He was incredible.”
She continued: “Actually, Reese [Witherspoon] is wearing an Oscar dress in the issue [of Vogue] this month. He’s just irreplaceable so I don’t want to be sad, but I think that it’s important that we remember him and how happy he was. He loved life, so he would not want us to be sad. I just want to say we love him and we’ll never forget him. He will always stay in our hearts.”
Von Furstenberg — who was spotted pulling up to the Chateau in a white jaguar, driving herself — spoke in front of guests including Witherspoon, Jaime King, Dianna Agron, Zoe Lister-Jones and Camilla Belle.
Erin Weinger contributed to this report.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day