- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
The MTV Video Music Awards are only a few days away, and fans already are looking forward to performances by Britney Spears and G-Eazy; Ariana Grande with Nicki Minaj; Nick Jonas featuring Ty Dolla Sign; Future; and Rihanna.
But things just got even more delectable because MTV announced today that The Chainsmokers also will join the cast of performers alongside Halsey to give a stirring rendition of their Billboard Hot 100 No. 1 hit “Closer.” Grab your tissues. Get your Snapchats ready. It’s going to be a #moment.
And don’t forget: “Don’t Let Me Down” is nominated for best electronic video. It’s been a big year for The Chainsmokers, and it’s only about to get bigger.
The 2016 MTV Video Music Awards will air live from New York’s Madison Square Garden on Sunday, Aug. 28, at 9 p.m. ET/PT.
This story first appeared on Billboard.com.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day