- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Flipboard
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Tumblr
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
Charli XCX and e-commerce retailer Boohoo are staging a bit of a British invasion on the U.S. just in time for the holidays. The singer has teamed up with the English site to create three collections over the next year and a half, beginning with a capsule that will go on sale Oct. 26.
Read more Meet the Designer Who Put Rappers in Lace
Her initial output will include 20 pieces — think fitted knits, matching sets and dresses that are all “very nineties,” according to Boohoo CEO Carol Kane and WWD — that will retail for less than $100. Her spring and fall 2016 collections are expected to be larger. Clearly the singer was a perfect match for the brand.
One of the brand’s reasons for pairing with the raven-haired performer was the fact that she has a bigger fan base in America, and it’s amping up efforts here (its recent “We Are U.S.A.” campaign featured Bella Thorne, Angel Haze, Hannah Bronfman and Chloe Norgaard).
Read more Misha Nonoo To Present Collection On Instagram
But surely it’s also because of Charli XCX’s one-of-a-kind sense of style. The first image from the collection shows the singer wearing a cropped thermal-esque top with a Pepto pink fur collar along with metallic turquoise bottoms. Indeed, said Kane, “She is a body con gal, she’s got her own style. She’s doing all fabric selection and putting her own stamp on it. It’s the first time we’ve done it this way.”
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day