- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Saturday night’s SNL, which featured Maroon 5 as the musical guest, averaged a 4.9 rating/11 share in the metered-market households. That makes it the top-rated SNL since the Oct. 1 episode, hosted by Melissa McCarthy.
In the 25 markets with Local People Meters, SNL averaged a 2.8/1 among adults 18-49, the show’s best number since its Justin Timberlake-hosted season finale in May.
On Saturday night’s episode, Day helped skewer the Kardashians, Moammar Gadhafi and Justin Bieber.
Day also was joined onstage during his monologue by It’s Always Sunny in Philadelphia co-star Danny Devito. The latter encouraged Day to give the most to his first turn on the show, which Day took as a cue to sing a song titled “Charlie Day Day.”
The next scheduled SNL hosts are Emma Stone on Nov. 12 and Jason Segel on Nov. 19. Coldplay and Florence + the Machine will be the musical guests, respectively.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day