- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Moments after announcing Dakota Johnson as the lead actress in the upcoming Fifty Shades of Grey adaptation, author EL James dropped another casting bombshell: Sons of Anarchy‘s Charlie Hunnam will play Christian Grey.
“The gorgeous and talented Charlie Hunnam will be Christian Grey in the film adaptation of Fifty Shades of Grey,” she wrote.
Hunnam currently stars as a series regular on the hit FX biker drama, which returns for its sixth season on Sept. 10. His film credits include Pacific Rim, Children of Men, Cold Mountain, Nicholas Nickelby and Green Street Hooligans.
Fifty Shades of Grey will be released by Focus Features on Aug. 1, 2014, in North America.
The announcement rounds out the major casting for the highly anticipated project, which is being directed by Sam Taylor-Johnson and produced by Michael De Luca and Dana Brunetti alongside author James. Kelly Marcel wrote the screenplay.
Fifty Shades follows college student Anastasia Steele (Johnson) as she begins a racy relationship with the 27-year-old billionaire, Grey.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day