- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
It took him just 25 hours and 17 minutes, Guiness confirmed Thursday.
“Guinness World Records is excited to continue expanding the number of social media records it holds and looks forward to new records emerging from the rapidly evolving world of social media,” the organization said in a statement. (Just two weeks ago, rapper Lil Wayne set a Guinness World Record for the most “Likes” on a single Facebook page, with 588,243 in 24 hours, PC World points out.)
With Sheen no longer receiving his $1.2 million per episode salary on Two and a Half Men, he has said his “primary motivation” is to Tweet out celeb endorsements soon. “I’m unemployed!” he tells TMZ.com, adding that the social network site is a “cash cow.”
The Hollywood Reporter recently reported that reality star Kim Kardashian now charges as much as $25,000 to simply mention and link to a brand or company in a Tweet.
Arnie Gullov-Singh, CEO of the Beverly Hills-based Ad.ly, (a startup that focuses on celebrity endorsements via Facebook and Twitter), tells Forbes, “It’s inevitable that brands will be lining up to work with him.”
Sheen has become an avid user of Twitter, sending out a message on average every two to three hours. Over the past 14 hours, he has written:
– Ready for my next fastball, world? PLAN BETTER Applies to everything where an excuse now sits. Try it. U won’t be wrong. Ever. #PlanBetter
– Face it folks, you just feel better when you say it. #WINNING
– Pardon my absence…. My first concern is my kids… Back soon..!
– In all sincerity… Thank you Twitter community for the warm reception & the followers that helped get me to 1M in 24 hours!!! #teamsheen about 14 hours ago via web
He also re-Tweeted a joke from comic Sarah Silverman, who wrote, “Whining!” -Charlie Sheenstein. (Silverman also Tweeted: My thoughts and prayers are with Charlie Sheen tonight, as he’s been diagnosed with Full Blown [Gary] Busey.”)
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day