- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Charlie Sheen continued his media tour on Friday, even after he said he wouldn’t give any more interviews.
This time, the Two and a Half Men star called in to Billy Bush and Kit Hoover’s Access Hollywood Live, revealing that he in fact is Jewish.
“My mom is Jewish. Here’s where it gets confusing — we don’t know who her father was,” Sheen said in the phone interview. “But she is, in fact, Jewish. So I guess that would make me Jewish, and my children Jewish.”
He added: “And Brooke [Mueller], my ex-wife is Jewish. So I guess I should’ve rolled all that out too.”
Sheen was criticized for making anti-Semitic statements.
“You’re getting accused of anti-Semitic remarks. You might want to say, ‘By the way, I’m Jewish!,’ ” Bush told Sheen.
“I know, I know. Stupid me,” Sheen responded. “I just got caught sleeping — caught napping. Which is rare for me. Anywho … But I’m proud of it. There you have it.”
Sheen also revealed in the interview that he and Sean Penn were planning to make a trip to Haiti next week, which Penn’s rep denied Thursday night after a source told Access of the trip.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day