- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Charlie Sheen is planning to take a humanitarian trip to Haiti with his friend, actor Sean Penn.
Sheen told Access Hollywood that the two plan to visit the country still dealing with the aftershocks of a January 2010 earthquake.
“We’re going to do a couple things first and then it looks like we’re heading down (to Haiti),” Sheen said. “And I’m excited as hell because, you know, if I can bring the attention of the world down there, then clearly this tsunami keeps cresting.”
Penn responded to the January 2010 earthquake almost immediately, booking planes and bringing doctors and medical supplies into the chaotic conditions. A year later, he remains deeply involved in running a camp via J/P HRO that is home to 11,000 displaced residents.
READ: The Hollywood Reporter’s cover story on Sean Penn’s efforts in Haiti.
When Sheen was asked during the 20/20 television interview which famous friends had reached out to him, he responded, “Colin Farrell, Sean Penn, Mel Gibson.“
“They didn’t give me any advice. Within that there’s great advice. There’s just love. Just seeing what’s up,” he said.
PHOTOS: See a gallery of Sean Penn’s Haiti experience.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day