- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Flipboard
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Tumblr
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
TORONTO – Comedy Central UK has snagged Anger Management for its fall schedule after screening the Charlie Sheen-starring sitcom at the Los Angeles Screenings.
The British channel acquired the exclusive U.K. broadcast rights from Lionsgate International, the mini-studio’s international TV arm.
Sheen’s follow-up to Two and a Half Men joins Comedy Central UK’s fall lineup after it set a cable comedy record by snagging 5.74 million viewers with its stateside FX debut.
Comedy Central UK also airs Two and a Half Men exclusively in Britain.
The Lionsgate sitcom, which has a potential 90-episode renewal on the line after an initial 10-show order, already has been sold to Canada, Latin America, Germany, Scandinavia, Benelux, Australia, New Zealand and Poland.
Lionsgate’s Debmar-Mercury sold Anger Management to FX Network and also will be selling its second syndication window in the U.S.
“Anger Management was the funniest show from this year’s screenings,” Chris Collie, director of programming for Comedy Central, said in a statement Thursday, “Charlie is back and in incredible form.”
The sitcom is produced by Lionsgate Television, in association with Revolution Studios, Evolution Entertainment, Mohawk Productions and Estevez Sheen Productions.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day