- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
The troubled Two and a Half Men star tweeted a thank-you to his followers upon hitting the milestone.
“In all sincerity… Thank you Twitter community for the warm reception & the followers that helped get me to 1M in 24 hours!!!” he wrote.
Sheen joined the site early Tuesday, and as of that afternoon, he was adding about 2,500 Twitter followers per minute. By mid-day, he had more than 150,000 followers.
In launching his account, Sheen got help from Ad.ly, a small Beverly Hills startup that focuses on celebrity endorsements via Facebook and Twitter.
A friend of the actor contacted Ad.ly’s celebrity team, reached out to Twitter and secured Sheen’s verified account; they then spent a couple of hours on the phone with him explaining Twitter tools like hashtags, bit.ly and twit pic. They also explained how to build an audience and keep them engaged.
Sheen posted his first Tweet Tuesday afternoon: A photo featuring him and one of his girlfriends — aka “the goddesses” — holding chocolate milk and Naked juice. The message read, “Winning..! Choose your Vice…”
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day