- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Charlie Sheen is eager to replay his part in the Major League franchise.
The star of Two and Half Men wants to take up his classic comedic character Ricky ‘Thing” Vaughn in a new version of the film, he tells TMZ.
Sheen said he’d do a new version of the 1989 movie if a script were greenlighted. He insists it will be Major League 3, even though Major League: Back to the Minors is technically the third film in the franchise.
Sheen, however, does not see the artistic merits to the third film — calling it “an abortion” — and does not believe it should be counted with the rest of the Major League films.
Sheen screened the original Major League during a baseball All-Star party at his house over the weekend that included baseball stars Brian Wilson, Eddie Murray and Lenny Dykstra.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
More from The Hollywood Reporter
iHeartRadio Music Awards: Taylor Swift Honored With Innovator Award, Harry Styles Among Top Winners
Jonathan Majors Arrested and Charged With Assault, Lawyer Says Actor Is “Completely Innocent”
Jeremy Renner Shares Video Walking on Anti-Gravity Treadmill After Snowplow Accident: “Time for My Body to Rest and Recover”